• Milk – 1 litre
• Citric Acid or Lemon (juice) – 1/2 tsp
• Water – 2 tbsp
- Dissolve the citric acid in water.
- Bring milk to boil, stirring continuously.
- Add the acid solution gradually, while stirring.
- When the milk curdles fully, switch off the gas.
- Cover for 3-4 mins.
- Drain into a muslin cloth.
- Hold pouch under running water.
- Press out excess water.
- Shape and place cloth under heavy weight required (stone slab) for 2-3 hours before using as required.
Recipe courtesy of Saroj Kering