• 125 g – gram flour
• 150 g – roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
• 75 g – finely chopped Spinach
• 3 green chillies, finely chopped
• 1.5 level tsp – Garam Masala
• 2 tsp – Lemon juice
• 1 tbsp – hot oil, plus oil for deep frying
- Mix the flour with peanuts, spinach, green chillies, garam masala and lemon juice.
- Season with salt and add enough water to make dough.
- Finally add the hot oil and shape into small balls.
- Heat the oil for frying in a deep-fat fryer (kadai) and when hot, add a few balls at a time.
- Cook until golden brown, remove with a slotted spoon, then drain on absorbent kitchen paper.
- Continue until all the pakodas are cooked.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup or chutney.