• 250 gms – raw firm Mango
• 250 gms – pears.
• 500 gms – Sugar
• 2 tsp – salt
• 1 tsp – Red Chilli powder
• 1 tsp – Garam Masala
• 1 tbsp – Musk melon (kharbooja) seeds.
• 1 tbsp – raisins.
• 2 Cloves powdered
• 8 each Almonds and cashews chopped finely.
- Peel and mash and pear.
- Put 1 tbsp sugar in a heavy saucepan.
- Heat on low flame, stirring and cooking till it turns brown.
- Add 500 ml. water and boil.
- When the sugar has fully dissolved in the water add remaining sugar.
- When it begins to boil again add the mashed fruit, cashew, raisins, seeds, chilli and salt.
- Boil till a thick jam consistency is obtained. Stir occasionally.
- Add the clove powder and garam masala.
- Cool a bit and transfer to clean airtight jar.
Recipe courtesy of Saroj Kering