Petha is famous Indian sweet of Agra. It’s very soft and candy-like sweet which is dipped in sugar syrup. Make petha at home in this Diwali season and make your festival tastier. Let learn how to make petha at home with few easy steps.
– 1 kilo white pumpkin of petha
– 500 gram sugar
– 250 grams ground sugar
– 1/2 teaspoon pan-ka-chuna
– 1 teaspoon essence of kewda
– Silver foil
How To Make?
1. Peel and cut the pumpkin in to 1 inch cubes.
2. Pierce holes into each cube all over with the help of a sharp needle.
3. Dissolve chuna in a dekchi of boiling water, strain and put over the pumpkin cubes.
4. Set aside for 1 hour, then wash thoroughly in 10 to 12 changes of water and boil in clear water till half done. Drain it.
5. Put 2 cups water in sugar and when the sugar dissolves and turns into a syrup, put in the vegetable and boil till all the syrup is absorbed by the vegetable.
6. Mix in the essence, stir well and then remove from fire, cool till bearably hot and then roll in ground sugar.
7. Set in a clean tray and expose to air for a couple of hours to dry them nicely.
8. Cover with pieces of foil and store in airtight tin.
Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
Cooking Time: 45 Minutes
Servings: 4 Persons