• 8 pieces – bread
• 2 – boiled Potatoes
• Chopped Onion
• 1-2 – chopped baby Onions
• Salt, to taste
• 1 tsp – Red Chilli powder
• 1 tsp – Garam Masala
• 1 tsp – coriander powder
• 1 tbsp – amchur
• Chopped Coriander leaves
• 1 – chopped Green chilli
• Vegetable oil for frying
- Preparation For Filling Mixture:
- Boil potatoes in microwave or in pressure cooker.
- Mash potatoes with potato with potato masher or shred it.
- Add red chilli powder, salt, garam masala, coriander powder, amchur powder, chopped green chillies, chopped coriander leaves, chopped baby onions and chopped onion.
- Mix it properly.
- Take water in large bowl, soak bread piece into water.
- Immediately take out the bread and put it between the palms, press out the excess water with palm.
- Mash bread also.
- Mix mashed potato and mashed bread and make a smooth dough with it.
- Now take small dough in hand and roll it between the palms.
- Shape it like tikki or in a desired shape.
- Heat oil in heavy pan and fry these tikkis until it becomes golden brown in colour.
- Serve hot with green chutney.
Recipe courtesy of Bharti Agarwal