• 6 slices – bread
• 5 – medium-sized Potatoes
• 1 – small Onion
• 1 – small bunch Coriander leaves
• 6 pods – Garlic
• 4 – Green chillies
• 1/2 tsp – Garam Masala (optional)
• 1 tsp – chilli powder
• Salt to taste
• Oil for deep frying
- Slice the crusts from the bread slices.
- Boil the potatoes till done.
- Meanwhile, chop onions, green chillies, coriander, garlic and green chillies finely. Keep aside.
- Once potatoes are cooled, peel and mash.
- Add all ingredients except the bread and oil. Mix well.
- Take a little water in a flat plate and dip the bread slices one by one in it. Squeeze excess water from the bread slices and keep them aside on a tissue.
- Make sure that the slice does not get too soft or watery or too hard.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan / kadai.
- Take a slice of the wet bread on a dry plate.
- Spread some potato mixture on it. Roll the bread slice towards you till the edges meet.
- Seal the edges by pressing the bread slice. Pat the roll to even out the edges.
- This may seem a little difficult at first, but you will get used to it.
- Deep fry in hot oil. Repeat for remaining slices.
- Serve hot with Tomato ketchup and mint chutney.
Recipe courtesy of Veena Srikanth