• 2 cups – Maize flour
• 1 fistful plain flour
• 1 tbsp – oil
• salt to taste
• water to knead
- Mix maize flour, oil and salt.
- Knead into a soft pliable dough by adding a little water at a time.
- When the dough is very smooth and soft, make a lump.
- Shape into a ball, flatten and pat with palm to make a thin roti.
- Use dry plain flour to help or roll with a rolling pin.
- Take care to dust with flour and lift and turn to avoid sticking.
- Place on a heavy iron or earthen griddle and roast till crisp.
- Repeat on both sides. Repeat for all rotis.
- Cover and line with napkins to keep warm.
- Drizzle with ghee or butter if desired.
- Serve hot with sarson ka saag and slice of onion and lime.
Recipe courtesy of Saroj Kering