Fried and puffed whole meal puri
2 cups whole meal (wheat) flour
2-3 tablespoon oil
1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
Water for kneading
Oil for deep frying
1. Sieve flour and salt together. Mix well using your hand.
2. Add little water at a time and knead into a stiff to medium dough.
3. Cover with a muslin cloth and keep for 10 minutes.
4. Divide into small balls of equal portions and roll it into a small round puri. Apply ghee or oil if needed while rolling.
5. Heat oil in a wok (kadahi) and fry puri one by one until puffed and light golden brown.
6. Remove and drain on absorbent paper.