A crispy stuffed Paratha with spicy potato stuffing
2 cups whole meal (wheat) flour
1 tablespoon oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
Water for kneading
4 large potatoes boiled and peeled
4-5 green chilies finely chopped
1 tablespoon coriander leaves finely chopped
1/4 teaspoon garam masala powder
1/4 teaspoon roasted cumin powder
Red chili powder to taste
Salt to taste
Oil or Ghee (clarified butter) for applying
1. For the dough, sieve flour and salt together. Mix oil using hands. Add little water at a time and knead into a medium soft dough.
2. For filling, mash potatoes, add chopped coriander leaves ,green chillies, garam masala, red chilli powder, cumin powder, salt and mix well.
3. Divide the dough into small balls of equal portions. Roll each ball into a shape of small round roti (puri).
4. Now spread the potato filling in the middle and seal the edges nicely (closing in forming a pouch).
5. Apply a little dry flour and roll it into a round full-sized paratha.
6. Greasing both sides with ghee, cook until both sides turn golden brown and paratha is cooked.