A soft and delicious roti made with plain flour and sesame seeds
2 1/2 cup (1/2 kg) maida (plain flour)
1/2 teaspoon sodium-bi-carbonate (baking powder)
3/4 cup curd
1/4 tablespoon sugar
1/2 cup milk
2 teaspoon sesame seeds
3 teaspoon oil
Butter for applying
Salt to taste
1. Sieve flour with baking powder and salt.
2. Mix sugar, curd, milk in the flour using your hands.
3. Add water a little at a time and knead it well into a soft dough.
4. Apply a little oil and cover the dough with a wet muslin cloth for 2 hours for fermenting (in cold weather leave for 4-5 hours).
5. When it comes up nicely make equal sized balls by applying a little oil.
6. Roll it into a round shape and sprinkle sesame seeds on top, press a little.
7. Stretch it from one side to give a triangular shape.
8. Now cook it on a preheated Tandoor wall or cook in a preheated oven (250 degrees Celsius) by placing it on a greased tray.
9. Remove when it is crisp and golden brown on both sides.
Cooking time: 30-35 minutes