• 1/2 kg Potato
• 1 cup – boiled peas
• 1 cup – finely sliced Onion
• 1/2 tsp – Mustard Seeds
• 5 – Green chillies
• 1 tsp – Turmeric powder
• A pinch of Asafoetida
• 1 tbsp – oil
• Salt to taste
- Boil the potatoes; peel the skin and mash. You can also cut them into pieces if you don’t want a thick gravy.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add the mustard seeds and allow it to splutter.
- Add green chillies and saute the onions.
- Now add the potatoes, peas, turmeric powder and asafoetida and cook for 3 to 4 mins.
- Add water if required.
- Serve as a side dish for puris.
- This can also be used as a masala filling for dosas.
Recipe courtesy of Radhika Vijay Karthik