• 600gms or 2 small packets marie or glucose biscuits
• 1 cup – mixed coarsely crushed dry fruit (almonds, dates, pista, etc.)
• 3/4 cup – Sugar
• 1/2 cup – softened Butter
• 2 tbsp – cocoa powder
• 1/2 tsp – vanilla essence
- Mix together sugar, cocoa powder, butter in a heavy pan.
- Heat till well dissolved, stirring gently.
- Take off fire, mix in all ingredients, blend gently with spatula.
- Pour into a shallow tray, set and cool a bit.
- Mark out incisions and cut into pieces.
- Cool and store in airtight container lined with butter paper.
- Variation: One may use chopped cashews instead of mixed dry fruit too.
Recipe courtesy of Radhika Vijay Karthik