Rava Ladoo is very easy to make Indian sweet recipe which is suitable to all Indian festivals like Navratri, Diwali and other special occasions. Rava Ladoo is made from Rava (semolina), ghee and dry fruits. In this recipe I have not used coconut; if you wish to use it then you can also use it. Let’s learn easy to make homemade rava ladoo recipe with few steps.
– 1 cup Rava (semolina )
– 1 1/2 cups sugar
– 10 cashewnuts (kaju), broken into halves
– 10 raisins (kismis)
– 1 1/2 cup milk
– Pinch of saffron (kesar) strands
– A pinch cardamom powder (elaichi)
– 2 cup ghee
How To Make?
1. Take a thick bottomed frying pan and heat 1 tablespoon ghee to it. Now, add cashew nuts to it and fry it at LOW flame until it becomes light brown in color and crisp. Ensure that rava is roasted well, if not then roast it again for 2-3 minutes.
2. After that add it into raisins and saut? for few seconds.
3. Now, add cup of ghee into frying pan and then add semolina/ rava to the pan. Then roast the rava well at LOW heat until it starts spreading aroma and turn into light golden brown. Continuously stirring the rava.
4. Once the rava is roasted, add kesar stands, milk, cardamom powder, sugar and roasted cashew nuts and raisins to it.
5. Combine the mixture well and saut? it for 1-2 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and keep aside to cool.
6. After that, take few mixture in your palm and shape them into small round balls.
7. Rava ladoo is now ready to serve. Store the ladoo in an airtight container for 2-3 weeks.
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 25 Minutes
Servings: Makes 8-10 Ladoos