• 500 g – prawns, cleaned washed and deveined
• 2-3 whole Dried red chillies
• 4 black pepper Corns
• 250 g – onions, sliced
• 1 pinch red food colour, optional
• 6 Garlic pods
• Coriander leaves
• Mint leaves (optional)
• 200 g – Tomato puree or Tomatoes
• Lemon juice
- Heat oil in a wok and add onions, garlic, tomatoes or tomato puree, whole dried red chillies and pepper corns along with some of the coriander leaves and mint leaves (optional).
- Saute a bit until onions start browning.
- Add some red food colour to the above mix and make a puree.
- In another wok, heat some oil and add coriander leaves and prawns.
- Cook a bit till they start turning soft.
- Finally, add the puree and salt and cook until it starts thickening or oil starts separating.
- Add lemon juice and garnish with coriander leaves.
Recipe courtesy of prerna