• Lime – 1
• Rice – 1/2 cup
• Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
• For seasoning 1 tsp each of: curry leaves, mustard, urad dhal, cashewnut, peanut, Channa dhal, asafoetida, ginger, Garlic
• Oil or Ghee – 1 tbsp
• Coconut – 1 cup
• Green chillies – 2 -3
- Boil the rice in a manner where the grains are not sticky and are separate.
- Pre-cook the peas with little salt if it is not frozen ones.
- Grate the coconut and grind it along with coriander, garlic, ginger and green chillies into a fine paste.
- Heat the ghee or oil in a pan and do the initial seasoning i.e. add mustard seeds, urad dhal, cashewnut, peanut, channa dhal, curry leaves and asafetida and let it splutter.
- Add the coconut paste and fry until oil separates.
- Add the cooked or frozen peas and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Spread the rice in a flat tray or vessel.
- Add salt and coat the rice well with the masala.
- Serve it with boondi raita or any other raita and pappad/pickle.
Recipe courtesy of Rama