• 2 large bunches of spinach, washed and chopped finely
• 1 tsp Jeera seeds
• Salt, Red Chilli powder to taste
• Gram flour – just enough to ensure the right consistency
• Oil for deep frying
• Pav bhaji masala – as per need
- Chop spinach.
- Wash and drain and then add jeera, salt, chilli powder and gram flour.
- Do not add water, but mix well to form a thick, consistent dough.
- In a pan, add oil. When it is hot, add spinach dipped in the pakoda mix and deep fry till golden.
- Drain on to paper towels and sprinkle pav bhaji masala.
- Toss well and serve hot.
Recipe courtesy of Sunandini reddy