• Yellow Pumpkin – 2 cup
• Tamarind paste – 1/2 cup
• Jaggery – 1 tbsp
• Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
• Chilli powder – for taste
• Salt – for taste
• Sugar – 2 tsp
• Mustard Seeds – 1/4 tsp.
- Chop pumpkin with the skin, into large pieces and cook it in a heavy bottomed vessel along with tamarind paste, salt, chilli powder, jaggery and turmeric powder.
- When the pumpkin is well cooked remove from flame and filter the water into a fresh bowl.
- Now take a frying pan and add a tsp of oil and splutter mustard seeds.
- Add the cooked pumpkin pieces and saute for few mins until the water is absorbed.
- Now add little salt, chilly powder and sugar to it and saute for few more mins.
- Recipe courtesy: 4th sense cooking