• 2 cups – gram flour
• salt to taste
• 2 tbsp – oil
• 1 pinch – soda bicarb
• 1/4 tsp – Asafoetida
• water – to make dough
• oil – to deep fry
• 1.5 tsps – Red Chilli powder
• few pinches ajwain
- Make a sticky dough after mixing all ingredients.
- Grease hands with some oil for ease in handling dough.
- Use bigger holed jaalis, as per thickness desired.
- Grease inside cylinder of press.
- Fill with dough and screw the top tight.
- Heat oil in heavy large frying pan.
- When it is hot, hold press high over oil and pipe in sev.
- Move in a circular motion and finish off when you come to centre.
- When crisp, carefully flip over with a skewer.
- Do not allow to become golden. When whitish, remove and drain.
- Place on kitchen paper to drain and cool.
- Store as is, or crush to small pieces.
Recipe courtesy of Saroj Kering