Healthy and spicy vermicelli snack
1 cup (200 gm) thick vermicelli (seviyan)
1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
2 chopped green chilies
1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
1/4 teaspoon garam masala powder
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 medium potato, thinly diced
2 tablespoon peas (optional)
Chopped coriander leaves for garnishing
1 tablespoon oil
Salt to taste
1. Dry roast vermicelli until pink and done. Keep aside.
2. Heat oil in a kadhai or pan, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, green chilies and allow it to crackle.
3. Add turmeric powder, potatoes, peas and fry for a minute.
4. Add enough salt for potatoes, reduce the heat to low, cover and cook until done.
5. Now add red chilli powder, garam masala powder, vermicelli, salt and fry for a minute.
6. Now add 1/2 cup water, cover and cook until done. If the mixture is too dry then add little water for the vermicelli to cook well.
7. Once all the water is dried up, add lemon juice and mix well.
8. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.
Cooking time: 10-15 minutes