• Chickpeas (soaked overnight) – 250 g
• Spinach – 250 g
• Olive oil – 3 tbsp
• 1 – carrot, diced
• 1 cup – Broccoli florets
• 1 – bell pepper, diced
• 1 – onion, diced
• Lemon juice – 3 tbsps
• 1/2 cup – peas
• salt to taste
• 2 cups – water
- Boil the spinach and the chickpeas together with water and salt as per taste.
- Once boiled, let it cool.
- In the meantime, heat a skillet, add olive oil.
- Fry the chopped onion in the oil.
- Add the boiled chickpeas and spinach along with the water.
- Saute for a minute. Take off heat.
- Let it cool. Then blend until smooth. If very thick, add a little water to bring it to a consistency that you prefer. Return it to the pan.
- Add the chopped vegetables and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Drizzle lemon juice over each serving.
- Serve with garlic bread.
Recipe courtesy of Jinamani Goswami