• 300 gms – chopped Spinach
• 1/4 cup – moong dal
• 2 – medium sized Tomatoes (cut into pieces)
• 3-4 – Green chillies (slit)
• 2 tsp – Cumin seeds
• 2/3 tsp – grated Coconut
• salt to taste
• 1 pinch – baking soda
- In a vessel, pour 2 cups of water and add the moong dal.
- After a few minutes, when the dal gets half cooked, add the chopped spinach, tomatoes, green chillies and baking soda.
- Blend the cumin seeds and grated coconut into a fine paste by adding water and keep it aside.
- Once the spinach is well cooked, add the cumin seeds and coconut mixture and stir it until the mixture is well blended.
- If you feel that the spinach is too watery, take some rice flour and mix it with water. Add it to the spinach.
- This will turn the watery spinach into a thicker consistency.
- Serve with rice.
Recipe courtesy of Mahalakshmi