Tomatoes stuffed with a rich potato filling
8-10 medium sized fresh tomatoes
2 medium sized, boiled and mashed potatoes
1/2 teaspoon garam masala
1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
1/2 teaspoon dhania (dry coriander) powder
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1 tablespoon oil
1/2 teaspoon jeera (cumin seeds)
1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
1 tablespoon grated cheese
Chopped coriander for garnish
Salt to taste
1. Cut the top of the tomato horizontally (like a cap). Scoop out the seeds.
2. Chop the cut tops finely and keep aside.
3. Heat oil in a pan, add cumin and mustard seeds.
4. When they crackle, add chopped tomatoes and fry for a minute.
5. Add garam masala, red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and fry for another minute. Add mashed potatoes. Mix well and cook for a minute.
6. Stuff tomatoes with the filling prepared above. Sprinkle grated cheese on top.
7. Place tomatoes in a greased oven tray and bake in a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until cheese melts and tomatoes are cooked.
8. Garnish with chopped coriander before serving.
Cooking time: 30-35 minutes