• For sundal:
• 1 cup – any dry legume varieties
• salt to taste
• 1 tsp – oil
• 1/2 tsp – Mustard Seeds
• 1/2 tsp – urad dhal
• 1/4 tsp – Hing / Asafoetida
• 2 – Red Chillies or 2 Green chillies
• 3 tbsp – grated Mango (or to taste according to the sourness of the Mango)
• 1/2 tsps – grated Ginger
• 3 tbsp – grated Coconut
• Curry leaves as required
- Clean and wash the beans / peas. Soak in sufficient water overnight or up to 6-7 hours.
- Pressure cook the beans/peas with enough water for 2 whistles or in an open pot till it becomes soft.
- Drain the water completely and reserve the water for other use.
- Allow the beans to cool.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, let it splutter.
- Then add urad dal and fry for a few seconds.
- Add remaining ingredients one by one, including mango and ginger, and saute for a few seconds.
- Now add cooked legumes and stir for a few seconds and transfer to a serving bowl.
Recipe courtesy of Saraswati