• 250 g – parwal
• 225 g – khoya
• 25 g – Milk powder
• 125 g – Sugar
• 5 Almonds
• 5 Pistachios
• 1/4 tsp – Cardamom powder
• A few strands of Saffron
- Grind almonds and pistas together in a blender.
- Carefully peel parwals; slit lengthwise.
- Boil water and add in the peeled parwal
- Allow to simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Drain and carefully squeeze out all water. Keep aside.
- Fill each parwal with stuffing. Tie each one separately with a clean thread.
- Dissolve sugar in 1 cup of water and boil.
- When syrup is of 1 thread consistency, add the parwals,
- Simmer for 2 minutes, remove carefully and place on a wire rack.
- Remove strings once it is cool; cover with silver foil and serve chilled.
- For Stuffing: Roast khoya till it is pink and crumbly.
- Remove from fire, cool and add milk powder, crushed nuts, cardamom and saffron.
Recipe courtesy of Pavithra