• Tamarind paste – 4 tbsp
• Jaggery – to taste
• Red Chilli powder – 1 tsp
• Cumin – 1/2 tsp
• niseed – 1/2 tsp
• Sugar – 1/2 tsp
• salt to taste
• Raisins – 1 tsp.
- Soak the tamarind in a little warm water to extract the pulp.
- Add some water to the extract and cook on low heat in a saucepan, stirring continuously.
- After a while, add the sugar, jaggery, salt and the chilli powder.
- Add the raisins and keep stirring.
- Dry roast cumin and aniseed. Cool and grind to a fine powder.
- Sprinkle over the chutney and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Ashwini