• 1/4 kg – Ginger
• Fresh green chilli-10
• Tamarind – 1 Lemon size
• salt to taste
• Turmeric powder – 1tsp.
• Jaggery powdered -2tsp
• Oil – 1/4 cup
• Mustard seed-1/2 tsp
- Wash ginger, drain it and cut very finely and keep aside. Also cut the chillies very finely.
- Heat oil and splutter mustard. Add the ginger and chilli. Fry them and add turmeric powder.
- Then extract thick juice from tamarind, add to this. Add salt and mix them well.
- Let it boil and become thick. The oil will now separate from the gravy.
- The pickle is done. Before removing from fire, add jaggery and mix well.
Recipe courtesy of Gayathri