• 300 g – ready-made sponge cake
• 250 g – Cream
• 1 tsp – vanilla essence
• 200 g – fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
• 3 tbsp – Strawberry jam
• 1 tbsp – icing Sugar
- Freeze sponge cake for 2 hours or until almost firm.
- Place the sponge cake on a chopping board, and with a sharp knife, slice the sponge cake into 3 layers horizontally.
- Using an 8-cm heart-shaped cutter, cut 3 hearts from each cake layer.
- Using a sharp knife, gently split each heart in half.
- Beat the cream and 2 tbsp sugar until smooth.
- Add the vanilla essence.
- Beat until mixture thickens.
- Spread this cream mixture over the sponge cake bases.
- Top with strawberry slices.
- Heat the jam slightly until it is warm and a little runny.
- Spoon the warm jam over the strawberries.
- Sandwich each heart with the remaining 3 sponge tops.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve.
- Recipe Courtesy: Anglo-Indian Recipes
Recipe courtesy of Bridget White