• 1 – velakkaya (wood apple)
• 5-6 – Green chillies
• Ginger, 1 inch long piece
• 2 to 3 tsp – Curd
• Coriander, Curry leaves
• For seasoning – a dash of urad dal, Chana dal, mustard, cumin, Asafoetida
- Choose ripe velakkaya. Break open and scoop out the inside. Keep aside in a bowl.
- Grind green chillies and ginger with salt and turmeric.
- Put the velakkaya gujju, coriander leaves, 3 tsp curd and grind.
- Prepare seasoning with urad dal, mustard seeds, asafoetida, cumin and curry leaves and add to the chutney.
Recipe courtesy of Chiranjeevi