• 1 cup – basmati Rice
• 1 cup – grated Carrot
• 1 tbsp – Ghee
• 1/4 cup – Raisins
• 1/4 cup – assorted nuts
• 3 tbsp – Sugar
• 1/2 cup – Milk
• Few strands of Saffron
• 2 cups – water
- Soak rice for an hour, drain it and keep it aside.
- Soak saffron in the milk and keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a pan, fry the nuts and keep aside.
- In the remaining ghee, fry grated carrots on medium flame for 4-5 minutes.
- Add drained rice and fry for 2-3 minutes on low flame.
- Add 2 cups of water and bring it to boil on medium-high flame. Lower the flame and add sugar, stir just once and cook for a minute.
- When the water stops boiling, add milk with saffron and the nuts and raisins while still on a low flame. Stir once.
- Cover the lid and cook for 5-6 minutes on a low flame till the rice is cooked. Turn off flame and let the remaining water evaporate.
- Garnish with more raisins and serve hot.
- Recipe courtesy: UK Rasoi
Recipe courtesy of Nupur