• 1/2 cup – Toor Dal
• 1 cup – Zucchini (chopped finely)
• 1 – Onion ( chopped finely)
• 1 – Tomato (chopped finely)
• 1 – Green chilli (chopped finely)
• 1 tsp – Ginger (chopped)
• 3 – Garlic Cloves (chopped)
• 1 tsp – Peppercorns
• 1 tsp – Cumin seeds
• For Tempering:
• 1/4 tsp – Mustard Seeds
• 1/4 tsp – Urad Dal
• 1/4 tsp – Asafoetida powder
• 2 – Red Chillies
• Oil as needed
- Wash toor dal thoroughly 3 or 4 times.
- Chop the zucchini with or without the skin.
- Pressure cook the toor dal, onion, tomatoes, green chilli, zucchini, ginger, garlic and a cup of water for 3 whistles. (Adjust the dal as required, but zucchini contains sufficient water so do not add too much water. Your dal will turn too watery).
- Coarsely grind peppercorns and cumin seeds and keep aside.
- Blend the pressure cooked vegetables with a hand blender. Add salt.
- Heat oil in a pan, splutter the mustard seed, urad dal, asafoetida powder, curry leaves and red chillies.
- Mix them with the blended zucchini dal.
- Add ground peppercorns and cumin seed powder. Adjust the taste as required. If you want it spicier add more of the ground powder.
- Serve hot.
- Recipe courtesy: Priya Easy N Tasty Recipe
Recipe courtesy of Priya