• 2 3/4 cups – Refined flour
• 1 cup – Sugar
• 1/2 tsp – each of salt and baking soda
• 1 cup – softened Butter
• 1 – lightly beaten Egg
• 1 tsp – Almond essence
• A few whole Almonds
- Pound the sugar finely. Sift the flour, sugar, salt and soda together thrice. Rub in butter nicely.
- Then mix in the essence and egg. Knead the dough to a smooth mixture.
- Shape into small rounds and flat balls and keep on a cookie sheet 2″ apart from one another.
- Place an almond on top of each cookie and press down lightly.
- Bake in a slow oven at 325 degree F for 20 mins.