3-4 medium size potato (peeled, diced)
1 onion chopped
1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
3 tablespoon posto (poppy seeds)
1 bay leaf
1/4 teaspoon calongi
1/4 teaspoon mustard
1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
1/4 teaspoon methidana
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
1/2 teaspoon redchilli powder
1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
2 tablespoon oil
Salt to taste
1. Boil diced potato in salted water.Drain and keep aside.
2. Soak poppy seeds in water for 30 minutes and grind to make smooth paste.
3. Heat oil in a pan and add bay leaf, cumin, mustard, fennel seeds, methidana and calongi fry for a minute.
4. Add onion and ginger garlic paste fry until golden brown.
5. Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder and salt. Fry until oil separates.
6. Now add potato and water.Bring to boil. Now add posto paste and cook for 5 minutes.
7. Garnish with coriander leaves.
Cooking time: 20-25 minutes