• Dried Figs – 200g
• Ghee – 3 tbsp
• Almonds – 1/2 cup
• Milk powder – 1/3 cup
• Khoya – 100g
• Sugar – 4 tbsp
• Cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
• For garnish:
• Silvered Almonds
- Blanch, peel and powder 1/2 cup almonds.
- Cook the figs in boiling water for about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Drain and puree them in a food processor. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a heavy-bottomed pan. Add the powdered almonds and saute them over a medium flame for about 2 minutes.
- Add the pureed figs, milk powder, khoya, sugar with 1/2 cup of water.
- Cook for about 5 minutes till the sugar has dissolved, stirring continuously.
- Add the cardamom powder and mix well.
- Serve hot, garnished with slivered almonds.
Recipe courtesy of Rehana Khatri