• 4 cups – thick besan (gram flour)
• 2 cups – Ghee
• 2 cups – powdered Sugar
• Â½ to 1.5 tsp – powdered Cardamom
• Â½ cup – Raisins
• Â½ cup – Milk
- In a skillet, heat the ghee. Roast the beans in it till it turns golden brown and gives off a warm, sweet aroma.
- Four cups will take 10-15 minutes. When the besan looks almost all done, add the milk so that it froths. Mix well. Remove from heat.
- When cool, add the sugar, powdered cardamom and raisins and mix well.
- Form a little besan into a smooth ball using your palms to shape and roll it.
- Place the ladoo on a platter and make the next one.
- When all the laddoos are done, they should be cool and firm.
- Store in a flat box so that they do not break.
Recipe courtesy of Anita Raheja