• 100 gm dried Dates
• 1 large cooking Apple
• 25 gm Butter or margarine
• 25 gm bran (optional)
• 1 tbsp – soft Brown sugar
• 175 gm porridge Oats
• 1.1 liters water
- Stone and roughly chop the dried dates.
- Roughly chop the apple without peeling it.
- Discard the core.
- Melt the butter in a good-sized pan, stir in the bran and brown sugar.
- Cook for two minutes stirring constantly.
- Add water to the pan and then add the porridge oats.
- Bring the mixture to the boil, stirring constantly.
- Add dates and apples.
- Allow the mixture to simmer for another five minutes. Serve hot.