• 1 recipe basic eggless sponge cake batter
• 2 apples, peeled, cored, sliced thinly
• 1 Apple grated coarsely
• 2 pinches Cinnamon powder
• 1 tbsp -soft Brown sugar
• 1/2cup – icing Sugar
• 2 tsp – hot water
- Either use an 8 inch oval or round ring mould for the cake.
- Grease the tin or line with greased butter paper.
- Arrange slices of apples all over the base.
- Mix cinnamon with brown sugar and then sprinkle over the apples evenly.
- Mix grated apple into the cake batter.
- Pour mixture into the geased tin and tap gently to release any air bubbles.
- Bake in preheated oven at 200 degrees C for 10 minutes.
- Reduce thereafter to 170 degrees C for 30-35 minutes, till done.
- To check if done, the cake should leave the sides of tin, and a skewer inserted into the centre should come out clean.
- Once done, remove from oven and keep aside for 15 minutes to cool.
- Carefully invert cooled cake onto a cake plate.
- Beat icing sugar with very little hot water, until a paste is formed.
- Drizzle randomly over cake and allow to set till firm.
- Serve with hot chocolate.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi