Batata vada is delicious Gujarati and Maharashtrian Street food dish. Batata vada is made with mashed potato covered with the gram flour batter and deep fried till golden. When the rain started people wants to have some hot crispy snacks with their hot tea and batata vada is very simple and easy to make prepare and make the snacks. Serve the hot batata vada with green chutney. Just follow these easy steps to make it at home.
– 3 boiled potatoes
– 4 minced garlic
– 1 tablespoon green chili paste
– 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
– 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
– Few springs of curry leaves
– Salt to taste
– Oil for deep frying
For the batter
– 2 cup gram flour (Besan)
– A pinch of baking soda
– Salt to taste
– 1/4 teaspoon red chili powder
How To Cook?
1. In a bowl add boiled and mashed potatoes, green chili paste, red chili powder, salt, turmeric powder, mustard seeds, curry leaves, minced garlic and mix them well.
2. Now take a small portion of this potato mixture and make a small balls from it.
3. Repeat the procedure for all the mixture and make a balls from it. Keep it aside.
To Make Batter
1. In a bowl, add gram flour, baking soda, salt and red chili powder and mix them well.
2. Now, drop the prepared potato balls in this batter and coat them well.
3. Now, heat the oil in a frying pan and once its heated well drop the batter coated potato balls into the oil.
4. Fry the vadas on a MEDIUM-LOW heat.
5. Fry the batata vada till it turns golden brown in color.
6. Remove the batata vada once it’s become crispy and golden brown in color.
7. Serve the hot batata vada with pav and enjoy it with tomato ketchup or green chutney.
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
Servings: 3 Persons