• 1/2 kg – Bhindi
• 1 – Onion (finely chopped)
• 1 – Tomato (diced)
• 1 cup – Curd (beaten well)
• 1 tsp – dhania-jeera powder
• 1 tsp – Garam Masala
• 1/2 tsp – Red Chilli powder
• 1/4 tsp – Turmeric powder
• 1 inch piece – Ginger (finely chopped)
• 1 Clove – Garlic (finely chopped)
• salt to taste
• oil for frying
• mustard, jeera, Hing and kadipatta for seasoning
• Coriander leaves and Lime juice for garnishing
- Wash, dry and chop the bhindi into 1 inch thick pieces.
- Heat 2 tsp of oil in a kadai and put the ingredients for seasoning in it.
- When the ingredients splutter, add the chopped onions, ginger, garlic and fry until the onions are transparent.
- Add the diced tomatoes and fry for a minute.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and dhania-jeera powder and fry for another minute.
- Add the bhindi pieces and fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the curd, salt, garam masala and mix well.
- Cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until the bhindi is soft.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and lime juice.
- Serve hot with rice or roti.
Recipe courtesy of Shweta