• 1 lb – Okra
• 4 tbsps – oil
• 3 green – Thai chillies
• 1 tsp – Onion seeds (optional)
• 2 Spring onions – chopped
• 1 – big red Onion, finely chopped
• 1/2 tsp – Turmeric powder
• 2 tbsps – grated Coconut
• 4 tbsps – Coriander leaves as garnish
• Salt to taste
- Wash, dry and cut okra into two or three pieces each.
- Heat oil and fry okra separately in a heavy saucepan with salt. Keep aside
- In another saucepan, fry green chillies for about 30 secs, then add green onions, onion seeds and chopped onion.
- After the onion is cooked, add tomato slices, turmeric, coconut and yogurt (always beat yogurt before adding).
- Mix all the ingredients together and add fried okra to it. Cook on low heat for 2 mins.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
Recipe courtesy of Bhash