• 3 sheep brains or 1 Beef brain
• 2 onions, chopped finely
• 2 tbsp – oil
• 2 tomatoes, chopped
• 1 tsp – chopped Garlic
• salt to taste
• 2 tsp – chilli powder
• 1/2 tsp – Turmeric powder
• 1 tsp – Coriander leaves chopped, for garnishing
- Clean and wash the brain well.
- Steam them in some hot water with a pinch of salt for about 5 minutes.
- Drain and keep aside.
- When cool, slice them into 10 or 12 pieces.
- Heat oil in a suitable pan and saute the chopped garlic and onions till golden brown.
- Add all the other ingredients and stir fry for another 3 minutes.
- Add the steamed brain pieces and gently mix so that all of them are covered with the gravy.
- Simmer for about 3 more minutes.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve with bread or rice.
- Recipe Courtesy: Anglo-Indian Recipes
Recipe courtesy of Bridget White