• 1/2 kg Cabbage
• 100 g shelled peas
• 1 cup tur dal
• 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
• 1 sprig Curry leaves
• 1 tsp whole Mustard Seeds
• 2 tbsp black gram dal
• 2 tsp oil
• 4 Red Chillies
• 1 tsp Cumin seeds
• 1 Coconut (Grated)
- Cut cabbage into small pieces and pressure cook along with the shelled peas and tur dal, turmeric powder and curry leaves till done.
- Add black gram dal and red chillies to hot oil.
- Fry till it turns pink in colour and grind to a paste along with grated coconut, cumin seeds and a little water.
- Add this to the cooked vegetables.
- Heat oil and add mustard seeds, black gram dal and red chillies.
- When brown, pour the vegetables.
- Add salt and water and bring it to boil.
- Serve hot.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi