• 50 gm ground Almonds
• 2 tbsp Ghee or Butter
• 1 cup (250 ml) Cream
• 1/2 cup (100 gm) full Cream Powder
• 1/3 cup (80 gm) Sugar
- In a medium-sized saucepan, fry the ground almonds in the ghee.
- Stir constantly for about 3 minutes or until the mixture turns a deep golden colour.
- Pour in the cream and mix well. Add the milk powder and continue to mix well.
- Reduce the heat to low and stir frequently until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Meanwhile, in another saucepan, combine the sugar and 1/4 cup water and bring it to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer until the syrup begins to darken.
- Pour the toffee mixture onto the cream and almond mixture.
- Stir thoroughly and continue to cook for about 8 minutes until the mixture is thick and leaves the sides of the pan.
- Lightly grease a plastic container or heat proof glass dish, spoon in the fudge and smoothen the surface.
- Chill until firm for about 1.5 hours, then cut into bite-sized squares.
Recipe courtesy of Mimi