• 1 kg – fresh juicy Carrots
• 200 grams – fresh Ginger
• 1 kg – Sugar
• Juice of 2 limes
• Juice of 2 Oranges
• 1/2 tsp – active Dry yeast
• 3 liters – water
- Wash and grate the carrots and ginger.
- Add 3 litres of water and boil till soft.
- Mash well, then strain into a jar.
- Add the sugar, lime juice and orange juice and stir till the sugar dissolves completely.
- Keep aside to cool.
- When cold sprinkle the yeast on top.
- Leave to ferment for 3 weeks stirring every day.
- Strain the wine and bottle after 3 weeks.
- Recipe Courtesy: Anglo-Indian Recipes
Recipe courtesy of Bridget White