Carrot pickle or Gajar Ka aachar is a perfect side dish with your meals during winters. It is the easiest and yummy pickle to make. To make the carrot pickle, choose fresh and baby carrots without blemish. Carrot pickle can be served with the parathas, roti and as a side dish with your meal. You can make it in advance and store the carrot pickle for few weeks. Learn how to make carrot pickle.
– 1/2 kg carrots, cut into thin slices
– 1/2 tablespoon nigella seeds (kalonji)
– Salt to taste
– 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
– 1/2 tablespoon fenugreek seeds
– 1 lemon
– 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
– 1 teaspoon chili powder
– 2 tablespoon oil
– A pinch of asafoetida
How To Make?
1. In a bowl, combine carrots, nigella seeds, salt, turmeric powder, lemon juice. Mustard seeds, chilli powder, fenugreek seeds, asafoetida and mix them well. Keep aside.
2. In a small pan, heat the mustard oil and once it’s heated properly, turn off the flame and add hot mustard oil in the carrot mixture and mix them well.
3. Let the mixture cool and your delicious carrot pickle is ready to serve.
4. Serve the carrot pickle with paratha or roti. You can also store it in an air-tight container for 1 weeks.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 5 Minutes
Servings: 4 Persons
Storage: 4 Days (for refrigerated)