Chapati is an Indian style bread made from wheat flour, it is usually called Roti. Chapati is a part of everyday Indian main course meal. You can eat chapati with different vegetarian andamp; non vegetarian dishes. It is very healthy and nutritious. You can make different kind of chapati like Paneer chapatti, vegetable stuffed chapati and more. Here I am sharing a plain chapati recipe.
– 1 cup whole wheat flour
– 1/2 cup water, as required
– 1 teaspoon salt
How To Cook?
1. To make soft dough sieve the flour, add salt to it and mix well.
2. Add water little by little to the flour and knead it into soft and elastic dough. Keep it aside for half an hour, covered with a clamp cloth.
3. Now, divide the dough in to equal-size balls.
4. With the help of dry flour dusted on the board, roll out individual balls into thin pancakes.
5. Then cook it on a hot tava, flipping it over as soon as brown bubbles form.
6. Now, take the chapati off the tava and cook on direct flame on either side till it puff up.
7. Remove chapatti from the flame and apply butter or ghee on each chapati while still hot and place in a container lined with a napkin.
8. When all the chapatis are ready and placed one above the other, fold the napkins over to keep them warm.
9. Enjoy this chapati with hot sabji.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes