Mirchi ka Pakoda or Chili Pakora is a very delicious Indian snacks, perfect for the rainy evenings with the hot Masala tea. This tasty pakora are most enjoyable for the persons, who like to eat green chilies. This chili pakora is a best tea time snack that you can easily find in the streets on India. Rather than selecting the small chilies, to make the chili pakora, Bhavnagri chilies are used. Bhavnagari chilies are bigger in size and they are not spicy as well. You can easily get it in vegetable market. Mirchi Pakora is one of the easiest snacks recipe and can be served with the tamarind chutney. Here is the complete recipe of Chili Pakora.
– 8-10 Bhavnagari Chilies
– 3 1/2 cup besan (chick pea flour)
– 1 teaspoon red chili powder
– Salt to taste
– 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
– 1/4 teaspoon ajwain seeds
– 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds (Jeera)
– Water as required
– Oil for deep frying
– A pinch of Baking soda
How To Make?
1. In a deep bowl, add besan, red chili powder, ajwain, cumin seeds, turmeric powder, soda bicarb and salt and mix them well.
2. Add required water to it and mix thoroughly with a spoon and make a lumpless pakora batter. Ensure that the batter is slightly thick to coat the chilies. Keep the batter aside.
3. Now, take the chilies and slit it along with its length. Also remove the seeds and ribs from the chilies. Take care not the break them.
4. Then heat the oil into the deep frying pan.
5. Now, dip the stuffed chilies into the besan batter and completely cover it with the batter and then place the chilies into the hot oil and fry the chilies on a MEDIUM heat till it turns golden brown in color.
6. Remove the chilies from the oil and put it on the absorbent paper.
7. Serve the hot Chili Pakota with hot tea and tamarind chutney.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
Servings: 4 Persons