Preparation of Hot Schezwan Sauce used in Chinese Cuisine
25 dried red chilies
3 peeled garlic cloves
10-15 finely chopped garlic
3 finely chopped green chilies
2 inch peeled and grated ginger
2 finely chopped onions (white)
1 finely chopped stalk celery
2 tsp cornflour (dissolved in 2 tbsp water)
1 tbsp brown vinegar
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp oil
2 pinch ajinomotto (optional)
1. Boil garlic and red chilies in 2 cups water for 5 minutes.
2. Drain water and keep aside.
3. Grind chilies and garlic to a smooth paste. Keep aside.
4. Heat oil in a pan, add ginger, chopped garlic, chopped green chilies and stir for a minute.
5. Add celery, onions and stir fry until onions are transparent.
6. Add chilli-garlic paste and stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
7. Add sugar, brown vinegar, ajinomotto, drained water from chilies and garlic.
8. Add cornflour dissolved in water and continue stirring so that no lumps are formed.
9. Bring back to boil stirring continuously and let the sauce simmer for 2-3 minutes.
10. Bottle, cool, refrigerate, use in chinese cooking as required.