• Basmati Rice – 1 cup
• Coconut – 1/2 cup
• Coriander – 1 bunch with roots taken off and cleaned
• Fenugreek seeds – 1/2 tsp
• Lemon – 2
• Green chillies – according to your taste
• Asafetida – pinch
• Salt to taste
• Oil 3-4 tsp
• For seasoning :
• Urad Dal
• Ground nuts
- Boil the rice. Allow to cool. Keep a pan put little oil and add green chillies, fenugreek seeds, coriander, coconut and asafoetida and fry till you get the smell of fenugreek seeds.
- Grind the fried mixture with lemon juice.
- Heat little oil in a pan and add mustard seeds when it stops to splutter add urad dal and groundnuts. Fry for some time and then add the ground mixture. Fry for 2-3 seconds.
- Add the cooked rice and salt to the above mixture and mix well.
- Serve hot or cold.
Recipe courtesy of Veena