Dal Fry is a famous food dish of Punjab. You can find Dal fry in all over India in restaurants andamp; Dhabas. Dal fry is unique in taste. Dal Fry is cooked with different dals like tuvar dal, chana dal, moong dal andamp; masoor dal and tempered with dry red chilies and different Indian spices. Dal Fry is easy to cook and you can make it on weekend or any special dinner party. Enjoy this delicious Dal Fry with Chapati, Roti and streamed rice or Jeera rice. Let’s see how to make dal fry.
– 4 tablepoons tuvar dal
– 3 tablespoons chana dal
– 3 tablepoons moong dal
– 3 tablespoons masoor dal
– 2 cups water
– 1 medium finely chopped tomato
– 1 large finely chopped onion
– 4 cloves crushed garlic
– 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
– 2 finely chopped green chillies
– 2 tablespoon ghee
– 3 cloves
– 1 cinnamon stick, broken in 2 pieces
– 1/2 teaspoon cumin seed
– 2 dry red chillies
– 1/4 teaspoon garam masala
– 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
– 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
– 1 teaspoon coriander powder
– 1 teaspoon lemon juice
– Salt to taste
– 2 tablespoon fresh coriander leaves
How To Cook?
1. In a bowl collect all the dals and wash them.
2. Now, soak them in water for 15 minutes then drain access water and place the soaked dals in pressure cooker.
3. Then, add 1 1/2 cups of water and salt to it and on MEDIUM flame pressure cook them for 5-6 whistles.
4. Now, switch of the flame and let the pressure cooker cool down.
5. After that in pan heat the ghee and when it’s heated add cumin seed, dried red chillies, cinnamon stick and clove. When cumin seeds start spluttering add chopped onion and saut? it until it turns light brown.
6. Now, add grated ginger, crushed garlic and chopped green chilli and saut? for few seconds.
7. Then add chopped tomatoes and salt to it and cook until tender.
8. When tomatoes are cooked add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and garam masala powder. Mix it well and cook it for few seconds.
9. Now, add pressure cooked dals and mix it well and again cook it for a minute.
10. Then add lemon juice to it and remaining water to it and simmer it on HIGH flame for 5 minutes. Stir it in between.
11. Now, switch off the flame and transfer the dal into serving bowl and garnish it with fresh coriander leaves.
12. Serve this dal hot with steamed rice.
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 25 Minutes