One of my favourite recipe. Cottage Cheese (paneer) cooked with chana dal and Indian spices. Paneer gives you rich taste. Let’s learn to cook chana dal andamp; Paneer Recipe.
– 150 gm Paneer (Cottage Cheese)
– 1 cup chana dal – soaked for 3-4 hours
– 2 large tomatoes – roasted, peeled and chopped finely
– 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
– Salt to taste
– 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
– 1 teaspoon chopped coriander
– 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
For Dry roast
– 2 black cardamoms
– 2 bay leaves (tej patta)
– 2 cloves
– 2 dry, whole red chilies
To Make Paste
– 1″ piece ginger
– 4- 5 flakes garlic
– 1 onion
How To Make?
1. Soak the chana dal for 3-4 hours.
2. Stab a tomato on a fork deeply and hold it over a naked ?ame for 2-3 minutes to blacken and loosen the skin. Peel and chop the roasted tomatoes.
3. Grind ginger, garlic and onion to paste.
4. In an open pressure cooker, dry roast the whole spices and red chillies for 2-3 minutes on LOW ?ame till fragrant.
5. Now, Add the chopped tomatoes and garlic-onion paste to the whole spices.
6. Then, Cook it for 5 minutes on regular ?ame without closing the cooker.
7. Now, Drain the chana dal and add to the tomatoes. Add 4 cups water, turmeric powder, salt and red chili powder.
8. Close the cooker. Pressure cook to give 1 whistle and keep on LOW ?ame for 5-6 minutes. Remove from fire.
9. When the pressure drops, open the cooker and add Paneer cubes and mix it well.
10. Garnish it with coriander leaves and coriander powder and serve hot.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 25 Minutes